Friday, July 9, 2010

EYo to the new blogger

It is finally nice to get my thoughts down on some form of medium. I used to keep a notebook around (old school, eh?), but then realized that a)I don't have the time, which I secretly do and b)lame - what twenty-something person writes in a diary anymore or ever? I started to think (scary idea) and came to the conclusion that I am almost lost when I don't jot something down somewhere. I was never really a strong believer of "blogging," but now almost feel humbled by the entire process of it. So, I am opening myself up to this world of electronic communication hence why I now consider myself as the mentat.

And I begin.

My high school teacher once told me way back in the twelfth grade that the best form of writing (typing) is the kind that makes no absolute sense; it's the rambling or the scraps of ideas that count! Now, this was and still is so not in tune with my logic. I sort of presumed that my creative writing teacher was well, a little too "creative" for my own liking and kind of had himself a medley of drugs in the late 60's which I happened to be blessed enough to live through the aftermath of his experimentation. But, I do thank him for introducing me to Jimmy Hendrix and all the other drugged up guitar heroes of that time. I digress. Anyways, I am probably set in my ways due to my personality disorder, cluster C complex. So, to me, the best way of writing is by experiencing the world as it is and then doing your best at describing that memory whether it is really dramatic, stupid or awkward in a timely manner - doesn't matter as long as it's told. Ha, interesting, I've just justified why I chose to waste my valuable sleep/work time on this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment